Flowers For Algernon

I don't really like this title, but I can't seem to come up with anything that I do like at the moment, so it will have to do.

Name:
Location: a pretty how town, (with up so floating many bells down)

Saturday, May 14, 2005

Bowling for Babies

K and J took me to Cracker Barrel for Mother's Day. Since the store was so crowded that you couldn't move around, but it was too cold to sit outside, we headed to the toy section to wait. There, J found a baby doll. This baby is about 6 inches long, with a giant frown on its face, but J seems to love it and every little boy should have a baby doll, right?

First thing J does after we get it is to remove the dress and the hat. He leaves the pantaloons on and suddenly he has a little boy baby instead of a little girl baby. He's sitting back in his car seat hugging and kissing the baby doll, making cooing sounds over it, and I'm starting to think we must be doing a pretty good job raising him, and loving on him, since how a child plays with a doll is supposed to be reflective of how the parent reacts to the child. Then we get home. J goes around collecting empty water bottles and sets 6 of them up like bowling pins. I'm watching, curious to see what he'll do next. Would you believe he takes his new doll and throws him into the water bottles to knock them over! Then he picks the doll up and loves on him again.

Now my question is, what does THAT say about us as parents?!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home