Update
Monday I had my first good day in...oh, I don't know how long. Maybe since the accident. My pain levels were down to a 5 or 6 instead of their normal 7 or 8. I was ready to celebrate because after years of nothing working, the Topamax was really seeming to work. At PT I actually considered swimming across the pool but decided against it because I didn't want to push myself. K has promised that the first day I can do it, he'll take me dancing, and I'm not going to go overboard on a good day and mess up a chance at that.
I did clean up the hallway and the bathroom and then I held J's hands while he bopped along to some music. He enjoyed that and we both ended up giggling.
Tuesday morning was okay, but I started fading fast and by the time K got home he could tell I wasn't feeling well at all. Yesterday (Wednesday) I had PT again, this time the land part, and the therapist put me on the moist heat/shock machine. Normally I can handle between a 7 to a 10 on the shock level, which she tells me isn't very high, but yesterday a 2 had me in tears.
Ugh. I just read over this and it sounds so depressing. My life really doesn't feel like that. I do my best to not let pain control my life. It's a large part of it, I'd be lying if I said it wasn't, but when it gets really bad, I look at my sons, W's decided he wants to be a violinist when he grows up, and J is always getting into something, always planning something, always hungry too, keeping me busy. In addition I have my computers, which I enjoy working with, and I have a wonderful husband who takes care of everything I can't manage.
I also have an issue which I care deeply about (everyone should have at least one issue that matters to them, don't you think?). Mine is freedom of speech. I greatly fear that it's being threatened right now. Check out www.EFF.com for more information.
And finally, I'm working on a design for a new computer bag since I couldn't find one I liked for my new laptop. When I get it finished, I'll post it on here in case anyone else might want one like it.
And now, J wants me to play, so I'd better end this. :)
I did clean up the hallway and the bathroom and then I held J's hands while he bopped along to some music. He enjoyed that and we both ended up giggling.
Tuesday morning was okay, but I started fading fast and by the time K got home he could tell I wasn't feeling well at all. Yesterday (Wednesday) I had PT again, this time the land part, and the therapist put me on the moist heat/shock machine. Normally I can handle between a 7 to a 10 on the shock level, which she tells me isn't very high, but yesterday a 2 had me in tears.
Ugh. I just read over this and it sounds so depressing. My life really doesn't feel like that. I do my best to not let pain control my life. It's a large part of it, I'd be lying if I said it wasn't, but when it gets really bad, I look at my sons, W's decided he wants to be a violinist when he grows up, and J is always getting into something, always planning something, always hungry too, keeping me busy. In addition I have my computers, which I enjoy working with, and I have a wonderful husband who takes care of everything I can't manage.
I also have an issue which I care deeply about (everyone should have at least one issue that matters to them, don't you think?). Mine is freedom of speech. I greatly fear that it's being threatened right now. Check out www.EFF.com for more information.
And finally, I'm working on a design for a new computer bag since I couldn't find one I liked for my new laptop. When I get it finished, I'll post it on here in case anyone else might want one like it.
And now, J wants me to play, so I'd better end this. :)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home