Flowers For Algernon

I don't really like this title, but I can't seem to come up with anything that I do like at the moment, so it will have to do.

Name:
Location: a pretty how town, (with up so floating many bells down)

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

What I really want to write about

I was trying to write a story about J but the words weren't flowing very well. Of course, it doesn't help that right now the whole world is spinning, something that's very normal for me since this accident. I finally figured out that when it spins, it's called vertigo and when it just makes me feel light-headed, then I'm dizzy. Not ditzy, that's completely different, although also totally normal for me.

I'm in the bookstore again. J seems to fall asleep pretty well in his stroller, and when I'm here I can actually type, instead of having him sleep on my arm like he does at home. The nice part of that is that it's pretty easy to get him to lay down for a nap, I just ask if he wants to snuggle. The bad part is that although I have my computer set up by the bed (when I'm hurting, the bed is the only place comfortable for me) and I can use the mouse anytime, it's nearly impossible to type when he's snuggled up to me.

I wouldn't trade it for anything though. I love snuggling with my babies. I wish I'd known more about attachment parenting when W was born and hadn't been trying to follow all the grandparents suggestions instead (well, mine wanted me to do more attachment parenting with him, but K's kept telling us we weren't doing it right). When J was born, I decided I wanted a bit of time with NO grandparents around so that we could discover our own schedule. I'd wanted it for W too, but didn't put my foot down when no one else liked my idea. I'm glad I finally learned to listen to myself. :)

Another great thing that we did with J was to get a sling. Even with my back, I could hold him in the sling, as long as I had something to help support me. In fact, holding him in the sling was easier on my back than trying to carry him without anything. We used the sling until he got so big that I couldn't carry him anymore. One of the things I feel bad about for both of my darlings is that after a certain point I could no longer hold them or carry them. W was 4 when the doctor told us that I couldn't even hold him on my lap. J was about 1 1/2 when I couldn't carry him anymore. Why did a guy driving a semi-truck have to run into the back of us?!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home