Yikes!
For the past couple days I've been stressed. And you can tell it too...from my eating habits!
Last week I had trouble all week eating over 700 or 800. This week, I doubled that in one day. Granted, most of my eating yesterday was okay. At dinner time I'd eaten just a little over 300 calories. But although it wasn't gak (empty calorie junk food) for the most part, it also wasn't very nutritious. I'd eaten 2 Triscuits, about 20 calories of crumbled goat cheese, 2 containers of sugar-free apple sauce, a South Beach Diet oatmeal cookie, a slice of crustless apple pie from a recipe I was testing before I need to take it to a friend's house Friday night (good, and about 50 calories per slice), and a container of low-fat raspberry yogurt. Then, for dinner, since I couldn't think of anything to fix, we went to Macaroni Grill.
Ken and I have gotten back into the habit of splitting a plate which is nice. It means that we don't waste quite as much food, and neither one of us is as tempted to over eat. That's what we did at Macaroni Grill also. Since we were splitting, we decided against the lowfat chicken plate and got the grilled porkchops (how fattening can something that's grilled be anyway). I asked for the sauce on the side, because I'm picky about sauces, always have been. Some I really like, others I won't eat. This sauce was really good, but I'm glad I got it on the side since the porkchop was fine by itself. The side items were broccoli and risotto...which I'm guessing is the problem. The risotto was delicious, there was a whole slice of portabello mushroom in my half which I ate with relish (they split the meal and brought it to us on two plates). I'm hoping that the whole mushroom will slightly skew my actual numbers, and I am soooooooo glad that we split a plate, since when I got home and looked up the nutrition facts for our dinner, it was 1800 calories! Yikes!
Since the sauce wasn't a heavy sauce, and the porkchop was grilled, I'm guessing that most of the calories are from the risotto (and if I'd read before hand how risotto is made, I would have known to avoid it...they fry the rice before boiling it! Double yikes! Luckily I only ate about half the items on my plate, so it didn't send my calories spinning out of control, but still. From now on, I'm going to start checking nutrition before we go out to eat! :)
Last week I had trouble all week eating over 700 or 800. This week, I doubled that in one day. Granted, most of my eating yesterday was okay. At dinner time I'd eaten just a little over 300 calories. But although it wasn't gak (empty calorie junk food) for the most part, it also wasn't very nutritious. I'd eaten 2 Triscuits, about 20 calories of crumbled goat cheese, 2 containers of sugar-free apple sauce, a South Beach Diet oatmeal cookie, a slice of crustless apple pie from a recipe I was testing before I need to take it to a friend's house Friday night (good, and about 50 calories per slice), and a container of low-fat raspberry yogurt. Then, for dinner, since I couldn't think of anything to fix, we went to Macaroni Grill.
Ken and I have gotten back into the habit of splitting a plate which is nice. It means that we don't waste quite as much food, and neither one of us is as tempted to over eat. That's what we did at Macaroni Grill also. Since we were splitting, we decided against the lowfat chicken plate and got the grilled porkchops (how fattening can something that's grilled be anyway). I asked for the sauce on the side, because I'm picky about sauces, always have been. Some I really like, others I won't eat. This sauce was really good, but I'm glad I got it on the side since the porkchop was fine by itself. The side items were broccoli and risotto...which I'm guessing is the problem. The risotto was delicious, there was a whole slice of portabello mushroom in my half which I ate with relish (they split the meal and brought it to us on two plates). I'm hoping that the whole mushroom will slightly skew my actual numbers, and I am soooooooo glad that we split a plate, since when I got home and looked up the nutrition facts for our dinner, it was 1800 calories! Yikes!
Since the sauce wasn't a heavy sauce, and the porkchop was grilled, I'm guessing that most of the calories are from the risotto (and if I'd read before hand how risotto is made, I would have known to avoid it...they fry the rice before boiling it! Double yikes! Luckily I only ate about half the items on my plate, so it didn't send my calories spinning out of control, but still. From now on, I'm going to start checking nutrition before we go out to eat! :)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home